MIT's 3rd Annual Research Slam is here!
Looking to build your research communication skills?
Excited to compete for hundreds of dollars in prizes?
Participate in MIT's 3nd Annual Research Slam and Three Minute Thesis (3MTTM) competition!
Spread the word to friends and labmates!
Learn more and prepare
Information Session (Wednesday, February 8th; 3-4 PM ET; Zoom)
- During this information session, we will address why you should participate in this competition, how you can prepare and submit your application, as well as what resources can help you during this process.
Workshop 1: Creating a Compelling 3-Minute Talk (Wednesday, February 15th; 12-1:30 PM ET; Zoom)
- This interactive workshop will help you develop key skills to prepare your own talk: distilling your central message, building it into an engaging story, and crafting a visually appealing slide.
Workshop 2: Deliver to Win: How to Present Your 3-Minute Talk Effectively (Wednesday, February 22nd, 3-4:30 PM ET; Zoom)
- This activity-based workshop will help you build confidence as a presenter and will equip you with life-long tools to deliver your ideas eloquently, engagingly, and effectively.
Perks of participating
- Hundreds of dollars in prizes! Winner gets $600. Runner-up gets $300. Audience-choice award of $300
- We have workshops to hone your science communication skills
- A platform to showcase your research to the entire MIT community and the broader public
- Add a video description of research to your portfolio
- Winners of the 3MTTM category are eligible to progress to regional and other higher level 3MTTM competitions
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org