MIT Research Slam – Public Showcase
Monday, April 11, 2022 | 5:00-6:30 pm ET | Virtual
Learn about cool research across MIT and celebrate inspiring communicators! Register to attend the MIT Research Slam Showcase, a research communication competition for MIT PhD students and postdocs. The showcase will feature 3-minute videos, where participants explain their research and its significance in an engaging way to a general audience.
The program will include live viewing of finalist videos and evaluation by an expert panel of judges. Attendees can join in the fun and contribute their vote for the audience-choice awards, as well as ask questions and leave comments. Come support MIT students and postdocs as they polish the important skill of communicating their research in a clear and concise manner.
Registration is open to the general public, so help us spread the word at MIT and beyond!
- Leonard Boussioux, Operations Research Center, “Multi-Modality: One Methodology to Rule Them All”
- Juana De La O, Biology, “Molecular Map Making: The Development of Birth Defects”
- Beny Falkovich, Chemistry and Biological Engineering, “Figuring Out Who’s Who in the Synaptic Molecular Network”
- Olivia Kim, MIT Sloan Finance, “Credit and the Family”
- Vrindaa Somjit, Materials Science and Engineering, “From Sandwich Wrappers to Superconducting Qubits: Identifying the Structure of the Aluminum Oxide-Aluminum Interface”
- Maria Kanelli, Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, “On-patient Medical Record Keeping”
- Jamie Karthein, Department of Physics, Center for Theoretical Physics, “What Happens When You Melt a Proton?”
- Constantinos Katsimpouras, Chemical Engineering, “Converting Acid Whey into Food & Feed Ingredients”
- Scott Odell, Environmental Solutions Initiative, “Hydrosocial Displacements: Climate Change and Community Relations in Chile's Mining Regions”
|PhD Student (3MT)||$600||$300||$300|
Questions? Contact email@example.com